All About Podcasts

Calling all podcasters! Since many of us are WFH and/or are in need of things to listen to while social distancing, tell us a few things about your podcast and share all the links.

If you’re an avid podcast listener, what’s your favorite? :studio_microphone:

2 Likes

Marc Maron’s WTF and John Gruber’s The Talk Show keep me sane now and even when the world is not at war.

1 Like

Oh you dared to open that can of worms :slight_smile:

I have two podcasts that I create

The Life Creative which is all about creativity and inspiration.

CompileSwift in which I talk all things Apple development

When it comes to listening to podcasts I have a whole bunch so I’ll only select a few favorites across a broad range of topics.

Akimbo by Seth Godin, many topics but everyone giving you something to think about.

Podcaster’s Roundtable As I learn more about Podcasting to improve my skills and product, this show has been a good reasource.

Audience A podcast where they test different methods to help promote and experiment with improving their podcast so we can all benefit.

Creative Class If you are a freelancer or just thinking about going alone as a creative then this podcast has some great tips to help you improve and avoid some of the pitfalls.

Euphomet Because we all need to encounter strange things in life now and again to remind us that there is always something else potentially going on.

Nocturne I have always been a night owl, imagine my delight when I found a podcast full of stories about other people and how the nighttime brings them alive.

The Swift Community Podcast By day I’m a professional mobile developer and the Swift programming language is the best thing to come across my desk in years. A great podcast with various members of the community making guest appearances.

Believe me, this is just a very small fraction on my list but I hope there is something for everyone there.

2 Likes

Yes, I love Marc Maron’s WTF though I haven’t listened to it in awhile. Thoughts on creating your own? :slight_smile:

Wow, I feel like I’ve just come across the best podcast list ever as I’m a fan of many of these podcasts! I’m a huge fan of Akimbo, Audience and Creative class so virtual high-fives :wave:

Thanks for sharing your podcasts as well, gonna add to the rotation :headphones:

1 Like

@Pia WTF has taken it up a notch since Marc interviewed Obama. Every celebrity in the world now wants to be interviewed. And people still tell him things they’ve never admitted publicly before. It’s cathartic sometimes when stars step off their pedestals and become human as they’ll only do for him.

As for doing a podcast, my background is radio so it would be a natural for me. Unfortunately, I’m interested in so many topics, I don’t know that I could dedicate a weekly podcast to any particular one.

But…the guy I worked with on the radio for 20 years is really interested in me teaming up to create a comedy podcast. His daughter is a producer and might be able to pull it all together. So we’ll see.

1 Like

Avid podcast listener here!

My favorite non-tech podcasts

• Do By Friday “A weekly challenge show hosted by Merlin Mann, Alex Cox, and Max Temkin.” Its fun!
  • You’re Wrong About “Mike and Sarah are journalists obsessed with the past. Every week they reconsider an event or person or trend that’s been miscast in the public imagination.”
  • Two Headed Girl “A new show about gender, mental illness, and all sorts of transitions made by a couple of married queers trying to figure themselves out.”
  • Cortex “CGP Grey and Myke Hurley are both independent content creators. Each episode, they get together to discuss their working lives.)

My favorite tech podcasts (all Apple related)

I just did the summaries of each show, but they are all great!

1 Like

News
The No Agenda Show (with Adam Curry and John C Divorak). All the stuff that should be on the news but you know the Kardashians are more important.

The Newsworthy - Erica Mandy (all the news in less than 10 minutes).

Congressional Dish - Jennifer Briney reads bills that go through congress and reports back so you know what your government is doing (or not doing) with your money. A must-listen for all Americans.

Marketing
Marketing School with Neil Patel and Eric Siu
Marketing Over Coffee - John Wall Christopher S Penn

Podcasting
School of Podcasting (OK, this is my show - start your podcast - grow your influence). if you need more podcasts about podcasting see www.powerofpodcasting.com

Entertainment
The Way I Heard it - Mike Rowe (if you loved Paul Harvey on the radio…)

Geologic Podcast - George Rob (science, and religious morons of the week)

Writers/Storytelling
Speak Up Storytelling - THE BEST podcast on HOW TO TELL a story

Health
Hate to Weight - Two life long dieters share their weight loss struggle

Logical Weight Loss Podcast - a no-nonsense approach to weight loss

Happiness Lab - an interesting look at the science of happiness. My favorite episode was about silver medalists.

What My Audience Loves
Every year my last episode of the year is my audience explaining what their ONE favorite podcast is and why (if you need more things to listen to) you can hear their answers from 2019 here.

1 Like