Automatically sending a link to new members

Among the memberhip rewards I provide a coupon for buying my ebook at a discount. The coupon is a link and the most straightforward way of automatically sending it to new members is to include the link in the thank you message.

This does the job. But the thank you message is too short and there’s no room for additional details or instructions on how to claim the rewards. For example, my coupon provides discounts for buying 1 copy, 10 copies, and 50 copies. For the time being I just included the coupon with very brief instructions.

Are there other ways of doing the same, i.e. automatically sending some text and links when new members join? I would like the process to be fully automatic.

A possible workaround is to publish the full instructions to a web page and linking that in the message. This works too, but I’d like to simplify as much as possible and reduce the steps the members have to take. Ideally, BMC would provide more room in the thank you message.

3 Likes

I do something similar for my memberships. I’ve pinned a post, viewable by members only, to convey a similar message/link as to what you’re doing. The post allows me to make the message as long as required and put as many links in as necessary.

It’s not automatic, but it is the first thing new members see when visiting my BMC feed.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. A variation of it may be to include the link to the members only post in the thank you message.

3 Likes

Hey, yeah, that would be an excellent approach!

2 Likes

Great idea, @DavidB – we see that approach a lot. Here’s a sneak peek of what the team is working on to solve this problem. A dedicated page for members :raised_hands:

@Alastair ran into the same issue as @PaoloAmoroso did, and we’ve been secretly working on it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s great, @jijo! Your team is really on the ball. :grin:

2 Likes

Is this under development?

1 Like

Yes, do you have any feedback?

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I can’t wait to try it…

1 Like

thanks, Waren. let’s go!!

Is there any beta testing program? I would like to join hehe.

1 Like

Nothing official yet, but we reach out to a dozen active creators before rolling out new features. I’ll ask the team to add you to the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another option that might open up the doors even wider would be third party integration with something like IFFT or Zapier using the triggers to start off an automated workflow of choice.

3 Likes

Oh that would be amazing. We do have a basic Zapier implementation, but missing some critical features. We will move that up on our list.

1 Like

Awesome! can’t wait to test the features…

1 Like