How much for a coffee?

We can price our coffees for $1-$5. I’m curious how you arrived at the price you set.

When setting up my account I figured I’d go cheap, but saw that BMC recommends $3-$5 so payment processing fees don’t eat up all your drink. (Whah?)

I eventually went with $5, which is a perfectly digestible amount for a supporter to pay—based on the fact that a fru-fru coffee goes for about $5.

4 Likes

Mine is priced at $3 (Canadian), so it’s a real bargain for international supporters, as the value of our dollar is so low (thanks, Trudeau :angry:).

The price just seemed right for what I’m able to offer at this time.

2 Likes

Good topic, but as supporter don’t just buy a coffee for just $1 or similar for your creator. $3 or $5 is very reasonable pricing…

2 Likes

I’m sticking with $5. I have expensive tastes :smiley:

4 Likes

@Jae_Hermann Ha. So it seems everybody does when it comes to an analog coffee.

3 Likes

Indeed! Hahaha $5 would be enough for a one week coffee supply lol

2 Likes

Not at Starbucks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sooo true lol Is there anything you can buy at Starbucks for $5??

2 Likes

@Jae_Hermann I don’t even think a bottle of water.

2 Likes

Exactly! All the more reason why $5 support via BMAC is reasonable. Of course, I’m starting to think that the $3 option is more likely to attract multiples. Do you think folks are more inclined to give 2 or 3 cups at $3 each vs one at $5??

1 Like

@Jae_Hermann I think some may be inclined to opt for the cheapest thing you got. And if you asked someone experienced at pricing they would probably say that three coffees at $9 sounds more expensive than two coffees at $10.

1 Like

I’ve joined BMaC last month, and went for €5 too, as they recommend. I live in Italy, and you can have 5 espresso for €5 euro, but I know that Starbucks & co. are more expensive in other countries (I lived in Dublin for 2 years, and there’s no chance to get a regular coffee for €1). Going back to your question, it depends on how much is worth a physical coffee in a given country.

Hi there,

Just posted in another forum. I posted at Canadian $5.00. However, I have no idea what the best price might be.

It would be good to note the overall responses relative to cost and product type

1 Like

I suppose you could always do a bit of research and visit other BMC creators, see what they’re asking for a coffee, what they’re offering and how many supporters they have. If you can find someone who’s doing something similar to you, and they’re successful on BMC, then you can try and follow their example.

1 Like

Yes, thanks DavidB,
will do (!!) as I continue to navigate & get caught up
with posts within the community. Thanks again!