How to buy happiness | sospeso

I have been donating a lot to twitch, omaze, buymeacoffee, patreon and other platforms for content creators and donation initiatives for some time now.

Every time i donate i feel a nice feeling as if i am doing something meaningful and good.

I recently found a TED talk video that explains that phenomenon pretty well:

I have an idea to kick-start my buy me a coffee page using a “free hanging cofee” method.
A caffè sospeso (for ‘“suspended coffee”’ or “pending coffee” is a cup of coffee paid for in advance as an anonymous act of charity. Also known as “pay it forward”.
The tradition began in the working-class cafés Naples, where someone who had experienced good luck would order a sospeso , paying the price of two coffees but receiving and consuming only one.

A less fortunate person enquiring later whether there was a sospeso available would then be served a coffee for free.

So my idea is: for every cup bought for me by content creators and other BMC users I shall answer back with 2 cups bought back to the same BuyMeACoffee user, until reaching a given threshold (lets say 100 cups).

If that above is not against the terms and services i would like to offer this to other content creators?

4 Likes

Hi @spamreports, so good to see you here in the Creator Community! Thanks for sharing the TED talk and I really love this idea–it’s similar to the “pay it forward” model that I’ve seen in different places.

It’s definitely not against the terms and service of BMC and on the contrary, this is the kind of generosity that inspires us. What do y’all think @PaoloAmoroso @DavidB @warengonzaga?

2 Likes

In this tech age, it’s interesting how local traditions are a source of inspiration for helping and supporting.

2 Likes

I’m a strong supporter of the “pay it forward” mentality. I’m a little confused on what the proposal is here. Can you elaborate more, @spamreports? For each person who buys you a coffee, you will buy the same person two coffees, is that what you’re saying?

1 Like

Yes, correct! For the first 100 initially.

1 Like

neat idea! I’ll go first :dancer:

2 Likes

Thanks @pia for mentioning me… yeah I agree with that idea since this is what I’m thinking right now on how to support other creators here. The “pay it forward” is pretty new for me… I might do little research with that… I guess if we try to do this… the BMC family would be a nice place for creators… this is not competition we are all here to seek support for our passion so we can move forward.

1 Like

Thanks!
I got your gift and sent two :coffee: back your way!

2 Likes

I like this idea.
I’ll do this too @spamreports
Sent you 3 coffee’s. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you, good sir (tips :tophat:)! I have given back 6 x cups!

2 Likes

You certainly have!
I will pay that forward. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I really like this idea!

2 Likes

I have sent you a tip, good Sir… This is such a great idea! :smiley: I will also do this every now and then for my Supporters whenever I am able to… I am still pretty new to this site myself! Xxx

2 Likes

thanks! :coffee:

1 Like

Hi , I make these stickers commissions are free so feel free to ask me to do one for you guys, all help is kindly accepted :wink: <3
Captura de Pantalla 2020-05-21 a la(s) 4.41.38 p. m.

1 Like