I still adore my Commodore 64

Okay, so these days, people call it “retro”. But what if you’re a person like me who has never stopped using the technology and devices from the 80s and 90s?

I’ve been blogging for many years about the enjoyment I get from computing on my good ol’ Commodore 64 computer. If you enjoy the computer games of the 80s or are interested in exploring the world of 8-bit home computers, then stop on by my Commodore site at: https://www.my64.in.nf

Here’s where I try and bring attention to some great games and software, some of which made just recently. And if you like my efforts and would like to see more, then please feel free to Buy Me A Floppy… get it? A floppy? :wink:

Oh, and by the way, my congratulations to the Buy Me A Coffee team on the release of their new Creator Community! I wish it much success!

5 Likes

Buy Me A Floppy is definitely one of the most original names I’ve seen and is the perfect fit for your work :floppy_disk:

Thanks for being here, 8-bit and all!

3 Likes

Ha! Thank you very much, @pia :smile:

I’m liking what I’ve seen so far, on the Creator Community and I wish the project much success! Thanks to your team for providing this outlet to the BMC community.

4 Likes

Great memories.

I had a Sinclair ZX Spectrum but used the Commodore 64 at a friend’s, loved it too. I eventually got my own Commodore, an Amiga 500.

3 Likes

Greetings @PaoloAmoroso

Those were certainly some fun times. No one really knew how the home computer market would change the landscape and the culture. The world of computers was so mysterious, it captivated me.

3 Likes

The adventure of exploring these powerful devices was part of the appeal of the home computer revolution.

2 Likes

@pia , I hope it’s okay with the BMC team that I created this custom button, on my website, that links to my BMC page.

It just fits better with my blog’s theme than the standard BMC button.

5 Likes

Looks cute, loving it!

2 Likes

David,

Nice site. I really like the BMC leaderboard. Note that the link appears to be defective. When I click on it, it just downloads the image of your Commodore.

I had a C64 and a word processor called Quick Brown Fox that fit into the game cartridge slot. You just turned on the C64 and a new document opened with the cursor flashing waiting for input. It put the all the early Apple and MS-DOS word processing apps to shame for startup speed. The only problem was that saved files were on a cassette player and took forever to load.

Strangely, I don’t think I ever bought a game for it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the visit, Kevin, and your compliment! :smile:

I never tried that word processor, but being on a cartridge certainly would have saved you from waiting for it to load (from disk or tape). A big plus, for sure.

Oh you mean the link in my post above! Duh, I didn’t see that. Thanks for mentioning it. It doesn’t seem like I can edit it now. Darn it. It’s supposed to be going here: https://www.my64.in.nf

I’m not sure how that link got attached to the image file. :confused:

1 Like

That custom button is AWESOME!

1 Like

Ha! Thanks, @StephenScott ! Glad you liked it. :grin:

1 Like