If BMC had the custom domain feature, would you prefer it?

Here’s what I mean: Instead of buymeacoffee.com/yourname, you will be able to connect your own domain (yourname.com) to BMC. Your website will then appear and work just like your BMC page, with all its features.

Pros:

• Your own branding.
  • For serious projects for which “buymeacoffee” name might not be very apt.

Cons:

• buymeacoffee.com link is self-explanatory and appealing. With custom domains, you’ll have to do the explaining of how it works.
  • People are more likely to pay on a website they know and trust as opposed to a personal website. (we can solve this to an extent by showing a “Powered by BMC” text)
5 Likes

I already have subdomains such as newsletter.mydomain.com and blog.mydomain.com for my newsletter and blog, so it may come in handy to have something like support.mydomain.com point to my BMC page. In this case I’d use such a feature if it supported HTTPS (my newsletter provider doesn’t support it yet and is working on it).

In the cons you make a good point about BMC branding and trust. However, I suspect most of the users who end up on my BMC page likely follow a link and don’t see the direct URL anyway.

1 Like

On second thought, supportme.mydomain.com is probably better as support.mydomain.com may suggest a technical support or documentation website.

2 Likes

I think I would probably leave my BMC link as it is. I think there would be more trust in using the buymeacoffee.com domain than my own.

1 Like

Noted! Thanks for the replies :raised_hands:

1 Like

I have already connected chantal.tv/coffee to my BMC page

2 Likes

The extra I have added now to my website/blog is a Buy Me A Coffee page so you get redirected straight away from my ChantalTV menu.
Check it out: www.chantal.tv

2 Likes

Yep I would love to do something like support.peterwitham.com and have it go to my BMC page. I know we can do redirects, but it’s just not the same as the real deal.

1 Like

Still thinking about it, perhaps contribute.mydomain.com is better.

2 Likes

Got it! Thank you for all the replies.