Introducing Paolo Amoroso

Greetings from Milan, Italy.

:telescope: I’m an astronomy and space popularizer, as well as a Google enthusiast :rocket:

I have been interested in astronomy and space exploration since forever. My job is in these fields too, as I work in astronomy and space outreach and education. I do lectures, guided tours of astronomy facilities and exhibitions, observing sessions of the sky, and more. Among my related activities I’m a co-host of the first and only Italian space podcast, which we have been doing for the past 13 years.

I’m also a Google enthusiast. I have been an early adopter of the search engine since 1998 and Android since 2009. As a member of the Google Product Experts program, I help the users in the official product support forums.

I run a blog and a newsletter covering various aspects of these interests. I self-published an ebook and plan to write more.

7 Likes

Looking up at the stars at night and being amazed at God’s creation has been something I’ve done all my life. That’s one of the advantages of growing up in the country and rural area, you get a clear look at the stars at night.

3 Likes

Having always lived in light-polluted urban areas, I approached the stars from the other end of the spectrum. Perhaps this was an additional motivation.

3 Likes

Yes, neccessity is certainly the mother of invention. :wink:

Being out on the prairies also adds to the wonderment. On those particularly clear nights, you can see the stars all the way down to the horizon. I find it so exhilarating to watch the Milky Way, as it rises in the sky and then span from horizon to horizon.

3 Likes

For you, @PaoloAmoroso

September super-moon seen from the homestead…

4 Likes

Hi @PaoloAmoroso! So good to see you here in the Creator Community and I am so amazed at the intersections of your work in astronomy and space exploration. I just checked out your book on space apps on Android and it seems like such a wonderful resource for Android space enthusiasts! Thanks for sharing :rocket:

1 Like

Thanks @pia The book is indeed at the intersection of two geeky interests, astronomy and gadgets.

2 Likes