Profile links icons

Make sure that our link button icons on our profile are filled and not by a planet. Fill it like Twitter/GitHub with a third party open source service like Font Awesome or Fork Awesome (for more icons with open source services).

4 Likes

When the link leads to a site that’s not a major platform, such as Twitter or GitHub, the site’s favicon may be shown instead of the generic globe. And the icons’ shades of gray are perhaps a bit too subtle and may get unnoticed.

3 Likes

yeah but some favicons is too ugly with others icons. A generic color and specific design can be better, no?

1 Like

Indeed!

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll make sure the team gets this. Y’all make BMC awesome!

1 Like

I was just thinking the same thing, because when viewing others profiles I wondered “what are those circley things?”. Didn’t even realise they were weblinks (yeah, I know, stupid me).

But - could the name of the site appear when you hover your mouse over? Or give a better idea of what they are by putting a title next to them (if you could toggle this on / off for those who didn’t want it), and stack them vertically rather than horizontally.

And that, as they say, is my two cents.

Love your work - great platform!

1 Like