Promote your BMC page by contributing to public forums 📝

One of the ways I’m getting people to find my BMC page is by taking part in public discussion forums on subjects that I’m interested in. If you’ve visited my page, you know that my hobby is related to 8-bit computing. I enjoy talking about it, writing articles about it and sharing information with others who have the same interests.

I frequently visit public forums where others with similar interest congregate. To help draw these people to my BMC page, I include a link to it in my profile signature. So, every time I post a topic, or reply to an existing article, people can see the link. And because my BMC page and what I post about are related to the forums I visit, there’s a better chance that the people visiting will buy me a coffee.

This is what one of my signatures looks like (with my BMC link):

Since I started doing this, I’ve seen the number of visitors to my BMC page substantially increase. Of course, before adding links like this to my profile signatures, I ask the moderators for permission. Not all public forums allow self promoting in this manner.

8 Likes

This is a great idea!

3 Likes

Cool… another way is to promote it on your projects or work as a single link…

3 Likes

To date, the most successful thing I’ve tried, to drive traffic to my BMC page, is what I did yesterday. With my most recent contributions, I went and bought a piece of software from a retro games developer and did a review on it. At the beginning of the review, I clearly stated that the review was made possible by the kind folks who supported me on BMC. So far, since posting that review on my website yesterday, it’s the most traffic I’ve ever seen on my BMC page.

4 Likes

Thanks for the great tip @DavidB, this is such invaluable feedback for all creators :raised_hands:

2 Likes

This is interesting to me, because until now I have seen my BMAC a page only as a place for existing followers to go (from youtube, instagram or my podcast) when they have already decided they want to support my content.

Do you use BMAC as your main platform to present your content?

3 Likes

For me, no, my main platform/outlet is my blog. I use BMAC to promote said blog, posting mostly summaries of what I have there and always linking back to it. But, for my supporters, my BMAC account can be used as a “quick glance” into what is going on at the blog, if they find that more convenient.

It’s all about cross-promotion; one supports the other and works in unison.

1 Like

Thanks. I suppose we all use it in slightly different ways but it’s helpful to see how others do it!

1 Like

Great idea DavidB…thanks for posting

2 Likes

Hey, my pleasure, @woollybullybus ! I’m glad you found it useful. :grin:

1 Like