🚧 We're building a game-changing feature, and we'd love some feedback! Attaching screenshots

I will definitely give this a try. For Sketchup tutorials with a member only discount, either one on one or group. how close is it to going live?

1 Like

@Alastair Very close. Hopefully less than a week. We were testing it with some creators this week, and have some ideas for improvements before we launch it platform-wide.

@JohnPaulMusicUK That’s awesome! I’ll ping you as soon as we go live with this.

1 Like

Quick update: we’ve improved the design! We also named the feature ‘Extras’. Any thoughts? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The new feature looks versatile. What are the differences between Extras and the current Shop/Coffeelinks?

2 Likes

Great question, Paolo. Shop/coffeelinks was a standalone product, and we saw a lot of friction for creators to use it for pretty much anything except for digital downloads. We built Extras from the ground up with many simple use-cases in mind, such as Ask Me Anything, 1:1 video calls, Consultations, etc. which would’ve been harder to pull off effectively with Shop. Does that make sense?

1 Like

Yes, it makes sense. I seem to understand Extras is the evolution of Coffeelinks based on the experience with them.

1 Like

Any updates on the feature? Is it close to release?

1 Like

@jijo updates on this feature? I’m excited to use this too in production!

1 Like

Here’s some basic information on Extras:

1 Like

Hey! It’s live! You’ll see a new ‘Extras’ page in the dashboard. Go to the link @PaoloAmoroso shared for use-cases and ideas. Public announcement later this week. Here are a few examples from the hundreds of creators who’re already monetizing with Extras:

3 Likes

That’s great, I’m going to experiment with a couple of extras.

2 Likes

One more thing. According to the question “How do I communicate with the buyers?” in the Extras FAQ:

You can message your buyers within BMC. They will be notified via email. You can also view and export their emails if you’d like to use a separate email software.

How do I send a message to a specific Extras buyer from within BMC (i.e. not via email)?

1 Like

We added a simple messaging feature b/w creators and buyers (Dashboard -> Extras -> Claims). It’s not very fleshed out at the moment, but good enough to get the job done.

p.s let us know if you have any Extras-related feature requests, happy to prioritize them this week. Got this a few hours ago, and the team is already on it - https://building.buymeacoffee.com/feature-requests/p/allow-reordering-of-extras

1 Like

@jijo An Extras feature I’d like to have is the ability to delay charging the buyer until the creator is sure they can provide the requested item and manually authorizes the charge or cancels the transaction.

This would be useful for commissions or services for, say, searching for resources or information that may not be available or exist. I know it’s possible to issue refunds. But refunds make me nervous because, if too many or frequent, they involve significant chargebacks and may affect my transaction status with PayPal, Stripe, or my bank.

1 Like

Some more context on my feature request.

I set up Extras for getting app recommendations. If I’m unable to find a suitable app to recommend, I’d prefer to decline the buyer’s request with a brief note. If instead I find a matching app, I could manually authorize the charge and accept the request.

Some other feedback: 150 characters is way too short for the description, especially for items with substantial cost. Also, the description field become unresponsive if more than 150 characters are pasted into it.

2 Likes

Totally agree. This is on the near-term roadmap. It’s a lil tricky to design it correctly, and get the payment rails work in tandem – so I can’t give you an ETA.

You got it. Changes are made. Please LMK if you have any other feedback.

2 Likes

Thanks. While setting up my extras I noticed that, after uploading an image, the progress indicator continued spinning after the completion of the download.

1 Like

We couldn’t replicate this issue on our side, but we’ll keep an eye out (could be the image format or size). Thanks!

I uploaded 2 JPEG 200x150 pixel images. They are screenshots taken on Android and Chrome OS and then cropped/resized with Pixlr X.

1 Like

I love to try it… hehe new feautre! You guys nailed it. This feature is paid in Kofi but here in BMC its free.

2 Likes